Monday 6 February 2017

New Blog and New Embroidery Frame

As I am doing a lot of new work, I thought I would make a blog to keep a record of it, and hopefully meet a lot of new, interesting people.
  
This is my NEW embroidery frame!! It is fabulous. It is called a Morgan Multi-purpose Lap Stand. I have no affiliation with the company, but it is the best embroidery frame I have ever had.














It comes flat-pack and is easily assembled...

 
...and therefore it follows, it is very easy to disassemble and take to workshops - bonus!














 When I start a new project, I sew muslin strips on all sides, so that my material will fit in any frame. The picture below shows my new project with the muslin sewn on two sides. Two strips were then sewn onto the top and bottom later.














Here is the frame with my sampler cloth in situe. (I took this photo before I had the top and bottom muslin bands sewn on!) The frame sits on top of my knees AND I DO NOT HAVE TO HOLD IT!! No more sore hands! It is brilliant! 















Looking forward to using it. 
Till next time
Celt.








No comments:

Post a Comment